At the Gleneagles Global Hospitals Group we are constantly striving to ensure that technology plays a greater role in the delivery of quality health care. Our efforts are not only to improve cutting edge clinical procedures but also involve helping those in need, even if they are at a remote location, have access to world-class medical care. Telemedicine is an initiative that is consistent with this philosophy of the Group.
Telemedicine connects specialists at our hospital stay connected, offer advice and administer treatment while being at the hospital to patients a great distance away. Consultation is real-time and is facilitated by satellite technology and video-conferencing.
Access to specialized healthcare services for rural, semi urban and remote areas
• Early diagnosis and treatment
• Reduced visits to specialty hospitals, physician’s fees
• Saved work-loss time and increase productivity
• Improves access to clinical and specialist services
• Reduces travel time and costs
• Decreases time between diagnosis and provision of care
• Improves management of chronic diseases
• Decreases incidence of hospital re-admission
• Consistent, reliable supervision and care support
For patients staying at a distant location and no access to a Gleneagles Global Hospitals facility, we extend the Telemedicine facility.
Step 1: An individual connects with a Gleneagles Global Hospitals’ representative and is advised to the Gleneagles Global Hospital’s Information and Telemedicine center in that city along with reports and doctor’s prescription.
Step 2: Patient registers for super specialist consultation and pays the consultation fee. He/she shares the reports with the center for scanning. These then e-mailed to the super specialist for review prior to the tele-consultation.
Step 3: Patient is intimated about the date and time of the telemedicine consultation, and requested to be present accordingly.
Step 4: On the agreed date and time, tele-consultation is conducted through video conference with the super specialists’ reviewing the reports and interacting directly with the patient/family/referring doctor. Consolation could lead to one or more of the following scenarios
- Further investigations
- Visits the hospital for in person review and further investigations
Step 5: Follow-ups timely reviews – during or after the treatment/ procedures.
The super specialists at Gleneagles Global Hospitals are available for consultation via telemedicine include:
- Cardiology & Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Liver, pancreas diseases & transplant
- Medical & Surgical Gastroenterology
- Minimal Access & Bariatric Surgery
- Neurology & Neurosurgery
- Orthopedics & Joint replacement
- Spine surgery
- Multi-organ transplantation