Radiology & Imaging
Images of the human body are generated by directing a variety of different energy sources into the body, which cannot be felt by the patient, and using the returned energy to create images that can then be viewed either on film or on a computer monitor.
The Department of Radiology & Imaging is equipped with state of the art technology including 64 slice multi detector computed tomography, 1.5T MRI, color Doppler and ultrasound, computerized radiography, computerized mammography, Orthopantomogram (for dental X-rays) and real time fluoroscopy.
Radiology & Imaging offers many diagnostic imaging procedures in a calm and comforting environment. These procedures include:
- VCT Light Speed 64 Slice GE CT Scan
- Multiplanar and 3D Reconstructions, Virtual Endoscopy, Bronchoscopy, reconstruction
- Whole Body Ultrasound with Color Doppler
- Fluroscopy, X-Ray and mobile X-Ray, including special investigations (i.e., IVP, Barium, MCU, RGU and loopograms)
- Non-invasive and Interventional Radiology
- Endovascular interventions including emergency target embolization and stroke interventions