Global Hospitals is one of the first hospitals in India to have PET-CT Scan equipment. Positron Emission Tomography (PET) is a powerful diagnostic test which has made a great impact in the field of diagnosis and treatment of diseases. It can detect and categorize cancers often before they are evident through other tests and also help in acute monitoring of effects of therapy. PET–CT also gives physicians important early information about heart disease and many neurological diseases like Alzheimer’s.
Clinical Applications of PET–CT
Early Detection, staging, assessing treatment response and active management of cancers. PET-CT can also help for planning radiation therapy.
PET-CT is also instrumental in detecting myocardial viability which is useful in decisions about bypass/angioplasty procedures
- To localize seizure focus prior to surgery
- Early diagnosis of dementias when Alzheimer's disease is questionable
- To differentiate Alzheimer’s disease from other dementias
- To differentiate tumor recurrence from tumor necrosis
Other Oncological Applications
- Infections(Orthopedic and musculoskeletal)
- Fever of unknown origin
- Diabetic Foot
- Auto Immune Vasculitis