Hematology & Clinical Pathology
Global Hospital’s laboratory provides round-the-clock routine services managed by competent pathologists. The laboratory has state-of-the-art Blood Cell Counter with backup, which is calibrated daily using internationally accepted Quality Control materials.
- Complete workup of Hematological malignancies.
- Workup on thrombophilia.
- Platelet function and aggregation studies.
- Deficiency Anaemias.
- Deficiency Anaemias.
- Red Cell Fragility.
- Auto Immune Disorder.
- Red cell Serology.
- Constant interactions and consultation with Clinical experts.
Transplant Biology and Immunology
The ultra modernimmunogenetics and histocompatibility testing provides services for solid organ and stem cell transplantation, clinical trials, immunological monitoring and disease diagnosis.
The laboratory strives for excellence and continues to work towards its following goals:
- To provide the highest standard of immunogenetics, histocompatibility and transplantation immunology testing to the patients we serve.
- To advance the understanding of immunogenetics and transplantation immunology through innovative basic and clinical research.
- To be a leader in the development of new technologies and reference materials to improve the quality of patient testing and patient care.
- To train scientists, physicians and students to understand the nature of the problems in transplantation immunology.
Services include pre-transplant workup for Solid organ, bone marrow and Haematopoeitic Stem Cell transplants that includes:
- Tissue typing by PCR-SSP - HLA – A,B,C (Class –I MHC)
- HLA – DR, DQ ( Class – II MHC) - HLA - A,B,DR (Class I & II MHC, HLA – A,B,C,DR,DQ(ClassI& II MHC
- Panel Reactive Antibodies (PRA) by ELISA - Class –I MHC, Class-II MHC
- Lymphocyte crossmatch by Flowcytometer - T cell crossmatch, T cell crossmatch
It also provides the patients with post- transplant follow-up recommendations like:
- PRA specific
- Anti C4d by flowcytometry
Molecular Diagnostics and Biomarkers
This laboratory focuses on Sepsis and Allograft rejection.
Molecular Diagnostics: It focuses on developing a comprehensive molecular diagnostic panel for bacterial and fungal sepsis for early diagnosis. Also, the lab is working to develop molecular methods to directly characterize the drug resistance pattern of the pathogen thus reducing the turnaround time for decision-making and treatment.
Biomarkers: In sepsis, the lab focuses on molecules associated with the host response to levels of pathogens like circulating levels of inflammatory markers. The practitioners are working to identify a marker that would help to detect sepsis at early stage in the ICU and would help to monitor patient’s therapeutic response in the ICU.
Long-term graft loss is still a major problem in renal transplantation. The occurrence of acute rejection episodes and impaired response of the patient to anti-rejection therapy can lead to adverse graft outcome in both the short term and the long term. Timely detection and treatment of rejection is therefore, an important goal in the post-transplant surveillance. A combination of both molecular marker(s) and biomarker(s) will be valuable in the management of rejection, reversibility of the rejection by therapy, absence of the rejection, long-term graft outcome and tolerance.
The lab is also working on non-invasive prognostic biomarkers of allograft status. It uses both proteomic and genomic approach to quickly identify (i) non-invasive process, (ii) a suitable marker and (iii) a molecular method that could predict allograft rejection much early. It is focusing on renal transplants to investigate biomarkers in urine samples and peripheral bold that would predict or detect acute rejection and stable graft conditions This can provide information regarding prognosis, mRNA expression patterns and markers related to inflammatory cell types and their products in urine sediments and with that, peripheral blood cells can be investigated.
Histopathology & Cytopathology
The Histopathology laboratory provides opinions on all kinds of cases from Gastrointestinal, Cardiovascular, and Orthopedic, Urology, Gyneac and Respiratory Medicine to highly specialized areas are such as Neuropathology, Oncology and Transplant pathology. Frozen section studies for various cases including Neurosurgical are done routinely.
DMLS Phase Contrast Microscope (LIECA)
The instrument comes with fluorescent polarizer, SLR attachments for photography. It also includes Digital Camera attachment for capturing, scanning and feeding live image into the computer / video camera through DC.
The image can also be scanned, projected to any other system anywhere in the world so as to enable Histopathology / Cytology discussion (Telepathology).
Biochemistry Lab at Global Hospitals is a new generation laboratory, backed by a highly qualified and motivated team of doctors and technical staff.
Well equipped with latest state of the art technology, it not only performs routine biochemical tests but also a wide variety of super specialized investigations, such as Therapeutic Drug Monitoring including Cyclosporine, Immunoglobulin, Iron deficiency panel, Stone analysis, Diabetic profile etc.
SYNCHRON CX5 DELTA (BECKMAN COULTER, USA)
- Random access chemistry analyzer.
- Fully automatic and computerized.
- Electrolytes by latest Ion Selective Electrode Technology.
- Cyclosporine levels.
- Built in cuvette washing station.
- Built in refrigerator for reagent storage on board.
- Built in Quality Control for reliable results.
- Blood Gas Analyzer: IL 1650
- ARRAY 360
Microbiology Lab provides accurate and reproducible results on clinical material within the shortest possible time. This has been made possible by round the clock laboratory services, online reporting and use of top notch equipment.
Quality control and quality assurance are strictly implemented and usually authenticated by reproducible result from other laboratories in India and abroad.
- Bactec 9050 - Two Units
- Tissue Processor: With Vacuum Function (LEICA)
- Cyto Centrifuge SP 1400 (LEICA)
- 1140 Paraffin Dispenser (LEICA)