Institute of Neurosciences & Spinal Disorders
The Institute of Neurosciences & Spinal Disorders continues to participate in new research protocols and invest in state-of-the-art technology to remain at the forefront of neurological care in order to provide every patient the best possible outcome. Here, physicians practice some of the most advanced treatments available in the nation, including minimally invasive brain and spine surgery, interventional neuro-radiology and pain management. The institute has:
- State of the art laboratory services
- Ultrasound scans with colour Doppler
- HRCT / MRI
- Nuclear Imaging – DMSA, Tc99m-DTPA scan
- Operating Microscope
- Ultrasonic Surgical Aspirator
- Cell saver
- Neuro-Operating table
- Neuro Critical Care Unit
- EEG on American Nicolet Digital Machine
- Video EEG (American Nicolet) for DD Seizures in Children and Adult
- Research & Treatment of various disorders by Stem cell & Regenerative medicine
The state-of-the-art Neurosurgery Unit is equipped with sophisticated Surgical Microscope (Pentero - Zeiss), Neuro and Spine Navigation System (Trion Medtronics), Stereotactic head frame system (Electa), Neuro and Spine Endoscopic system (Storz) and advanced neuro monitoring facilities.
- Brain tumor surgeries like Trans sphenoidal pituitary tumour excision, Skull base tumors and minimally invasive Stereotactic and frameless navigation surgeries for deep-seated brain tumors are performed.
- Other minimal access surgeries include procedures for intracranial hematomas (brain clots) and brain abscess (pus in the brain).
- Cerebro vascular disorders like Aneurysms (abnormal dilatation of arteries of brain) and Arterio Venous Malformations (AVM) are treated with aneurysm neck clipping and AVM microsurgical excision. Multidisciplinary approach is used in Interventional coiling of aneurysms and embolisations.
- Congenital malformation in pediatric age like Hydrocephalus is treated with VP shunts and endoscopic procedures. Deformity of skull (Craniostenosis) is dealt with cranioplastic reconstruction techniques and rapid prototyping technology is used in cranioplasty and reconstruction.
- Functional Neurosurgeries like epilepsy surgery and surgery for pain and movement disorders (Deep Brain Stimulation DBS) are done with the collaboration of specialist neurologist.
Global Hospitals provides preventive checkup and screening programs for the patients suffering with neurological and spine problems such as back pain on regular basis.